Chemex filters remove even the finest sediment particles as well as the undesirable oils and fats. The formulation of the filter permits the proper infusion time by regulating the filtration rate – not to slow, not too fast. Good infusion of the coffee grounds (as in brewing and steeping tea) gives coffee a richer flavor while at the same time making possible precise fractional extraction: filtering out the undesirable components which make coffee bitter by allowing only the desirable flavor elements of the coffee bean to pass through.
The Chemex filter is guaranteed not to burst under the weight of the liquid during filtration, and not to break when lifting out the grounds.
Fully-bodied, richer flavor, from less coffee, and as strong as you like without bitterness.
- Step 1: Fold the CHEMEX filter in half. Then fold in half again, bringing the two corners together. Place your finger between the 3rd and 4th layer and open into a funnel.
- Step 2: Place the funnel in the top portion of the CHEMEX coffeemaker, with 3 layers on the groove side. The groove is an air vent (and also the pouring spout) and allows air to escape from the lower portion of the coffeemaker, letting the coffee filter
- Step 3: Put coffee in the filter paper cone. Use one heaping tablespoon per cup of coffee (adjust to personal taste if needed after first brew). Refer to brewing instructions for remaining steps.
- THICKER: 20-30% thicker than the competition, specialty fiber filter design keep bitter elements, oils, and grounds in their place (and out of your cup)
- Fits all CHEMEX Coffeemakers except CM-1, CM-1C, CM-1GH