How do I use?
NOTE** Some of the following steps require a commercial or semi-commercial backflushable espresso machine. If you are unsure if your espresso machine fits this profile, check with your espresso machine manufacturer before proceeding. If your machine is NOT a backflushable commercial or semi-commercial espresso machine, use step 3 ONLY.
1. On-board detergent spoon, place a spoonful or less of Espresso Parts Espresso Machine Cleaner by backflush detergent into a "blind insert" (without holes) in your portafilter handle.
2. Attach the portafilter to the group and start backflushing your machine following the instructions on your detergent package.
3. When its time to flush out the system, run the group and start scrubbing the shower screen and the nooks and crannies of your group with the brush. This is the best time to use the brush as the hot running water helps wash away spent grounds, rancid coffee resins, flavors and odors. The benefit of using the brush is apparent at this stage as your hands stay cool and dry.
4. Backflush your machine again, this time with out detergent. and repeat step #3.
5. Use the steam wand vent poker to unclog steam wand vent holes that have become clogged with dried milk residue or other debris (rust, hard water deposits, etc.) from inside your steam wand.
6. Use the brush anytime throughout the day to keep your group clean and your coffee tasting great.