- The Clever Coffee Dripper combines the best features of French press and filter drip brewing, eliminating the drawbacks of each. With French press brewing, you can control steeping or infusion time, but heat loss and sediment in the cup can be a problem.
- Brewing with a paper filter is easy and convenient; the problem is lack of control over steeping time (i.e. the coffee begins to drain immediately). By adding a stopper to a filtercone, the Clever Coffee Dripper combines control over steeping time with a sediment-free cup.
- Start with a fine filter drip grind and add water just off the boil. Cover and with a small plate or saucer, whatever is handy – future models will come with a lid. After 1:30, lift the cover, stir and recover. Let steep for 4 minutes, lift the cover and stir and then place the filter on your cup or carafe; the stopper automatically opens and allows the filtered coffee to flow out.
- You can balance grind, dose and extraction time to find the right combination that works for you. A finer grind will need less extraction time, a coarser grind, more.
- The temperature of the water should remain between 195 degrees F – 205 degrees F throughout the brewing process. We recommend covering the brew as it steeps in the filter for this reason.
- The dripper will fit on cups and thermoses with tops between 1.5 and 3.75″ in diameter. Of course
There are no reviews yet.